Replacement Neoprene Shock Mounts for Eames Herman Miller LCM DCM Chairs
Original replacement shock mounts for Eames DCM LCM chairs
– 100% like original
– correct full elastic neoprene rubber material (NOT polyurethane!)
– vulcanized, hence proper metal-rubber connection
– full elasticity takes off tension from plywood
– correct size and correct radius
backrest (short screw metric)
underneath seat (long screw metric)
underneath seat (long screw metric small thread)
Buy matching adhesive ++click++ and select Rubber | Plywood
1 unit is 1 shock mount + 1 screw
backrest > 2 shock mounts required
underneath seat > 3 shock mounts required
Some chairs had one shock mount with smaller thread underneath in the middle. In this case add 2 shock mounts underneath seat and 1 shock mount underneath seat small thread
Complete chair has 2 shock mounts with short screws for backrest and 3 shock mounts underneath seat with long screws.
– Cut old shock mount above the wood with a saw under metal inlay (metal usual is at outer thirds).
You can use an oscillating multi-tool (also called vibration saw) to cut them roughly off, but also a hand saw.
– Then use a sharp wood chisel to remove the rest.
– Remove all rubber and old glue down to bare wood.
– Use rough sand paper to give the area a good grip for the glue.
– Don’t forget to degrease with Acetone (nothing else than Acetone!!) before gluing.
Disclaimer: Theoretical guidance, we do not take any responsibility for your execution! All you do is at your own responsibility!
Also watch the video below!