Hints on 2 components adhesive
To get the best glue results please read the following instructions:
1. Make sure the temperature of the working space and the material is not to cold. Also make sure the humidity of the air is not too high.
2. Degrease shock mounts and plywood or fibre glass proper with pure Acetone (not nail paint remover). Don’t use any other than Acetone, no alcohol, no thinner, no silicone remover…
3. It is good to warm up both materials (Shock Mounts and plywood or fibre glass) a view degrees warmer than normal (hair dryer). But please note: the glue will harden faster!
4. Always store the glue cartridge with the tip upside! So all small bubbles can go to the tip and will go out at first. This is important to garantie same amount come out on both sides, to have the correct mix ratio!
5. When pressing out the adhesive do not use the first 1-2cm to have the correct mix ratio!
6. Mix the glue very proper! If not, the glue did not harden!
7. The adhesive has an open time of only 5 minutes, so hurry up, you can lose the bonding force after this time.
8. Do not apply too much pressure on the material. If you do too much pressure on the material, the glue will get pressed out on the sides. There MUST be a layer of the thickness of a postcard or a little bit more (but no air bubbles)!
Usual it is enough to use a spring clamp, just to fix the shock mounts.
Our video unfortunately is a bit misleading, it wrongly looks like we did much pressure on the shock mount.
9. Give the adhesive 24h to react, but better 48h before you remount the chair.